Please read the following information carefully. This privacy notice contains information about what data we collect and store about you and why. It also tells you who we share this information with, the security mechanisms we have put in place to protect your data and how to contact us if you have a complaint.
High Street Solicitors collects, uses and is responsible for personal information about you. When we do this we are the ‘controller’ of this information for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws.
Our Data Protection Officer
What do we do with your information?
Information collected by us
When carrying online lead generation, we collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
– Your Name
– Your Email Address
– Your Contact Number
Information collected from other sources
Please refer to our Cookies Policy.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
– To contact you as per your enquiry
– To set up your new instruction
– To provide you with legal services
Who will we share your personal information with?
We have relationships with a number of third parties that we routinely share information relevant to the progression of your claim. An example of these are:
– Funding and Insurance companies
– The Courts and Government Agencies
– Barrister’s Chambers and counsel
– Expert Witnesses
– Other experts
– Medical Agencies
– Agent Solicitors and consultants
– Courier Services
– Costs Drafting Firms
– IT Support
This data sharing enables us enlist their services and process your claim efficiently.
We will share personal information with law enforcement agencies if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third parties without your consent.
How long will we store your personal data?
Your initial enquiry will be stored for 3 months from the date you enquired. We will keep our file of papers (except for any additional documents which you ask to be returned to you) for no more than 6 years. We keep the file on the understanding that we have the authority to destroy it 6 years after the date you are notified that our file is closed. We do not destroy documents you ask us to deposit in safe custody.
We are relying on your explicit consent to contact and correspond with you relating to this and any other relevant products which we may be suitable for you. You provided this consent when you submitted your online enquiry.
You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, but this will not effect the lawfulness of any processing activity we have carried out prior to you withdrawing your consent. You can opt-out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights that you can exercise free of charge. In summary, these rights are:
– Transparency over how we use your personal data and fair processing of your information;
– Access to your personal information and other supplementary information;
– Require us to correct any mistakes or complete missing information we hold on you;
– Require us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances;
– Receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us or have this information be sent to a third party, this will be provided to you or the third party in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format;
– Object at any time to processing of your personal information for direct marketing;
– Object in certain other situations to the continued processing of your personal information;
– Restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
– Request not to be subject to automated decision making which produce legal effects that concern you or affect you in a significantly similar way;
If you want more information about your rights under the GDPR please see the Guidance from the Information Commissioners Office on Individual’s rights under the GDPR.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please:
– Email, call our write to us
– Provide another information so that we can identify you such as your contact details. We may need to contact you to request further information to verify your identity;
– Let us have proof of your identity and address;
– State the right or rights that you wish to exercise;
We will respond to you within one month from when we receive your request. Please note if you wish to unsubscribe from any email you can do so by emailing email@example.com with the subject UNSUBSCRIBE. It may take up to 30 days for this to become effective.
How to make a complaint?
We hope that you are happy with our service and that Melanie O’Connor can resolve any issues or complaints that arise. Please get in touch if you have any concerns (see ‘Get in touch’ below).
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complain with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where the alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The UK supervisory authority if the Information Commissioner’s Office who can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Your initial information is sent securely via email to a secure Office 365 Enterprise E3 level email address.
We do not intend to process your personal information for any reason other than stated within this privacy notice. If this changes, we will inform you by email.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy was published on 19/07/2018 and last updated 19/07/2018.
We constantly review our internal privacy practices and may change this policy from time to time. When we do we will inform you by email.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best way to reach us is to send an email or alternatively, please call our office on 0151 243 6700.
If it would be helpful to have this notice provided in another format please contact us on any of the above methods.